How to get verified on Facebook? Facebook is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California. This website was launched by Mark Zuckerberg along with a fee Harvard college students. Facebook has become more than a social networking site. It is a vast platform for communication and interaction. It is now a necessity in people’s lives. An eighteen-year-old might not have a voter’s id but will definitely have a facebook account. A person might be in his early teens or late sixties a facebook account marks their social lives to a large extent. Since Facebook is such a huge platform, it gives people a chance to fake their identities for particularly no reason at all. And if you are a public figure or someone famous, the chances are that you are followed by a lot of people and a lot of fake accounts as well. Authentication becomes a key necessity in this situation and for that users wants to know how to get verified on facebook?
Facebook verifies some pages and profiles to let the people know that they are real and authentic. A blue badge means that Facebook confirmed that this is the authentic Page or profile for this public figure, media company or brand. A gray badge implies that Facebook confirmed that this is a genuine Page for this business or organization.
How to get verified on facebook?
At this present moment, any form of verification is not available. The Facebook help center also states that you cannot get a gray or blue verification as of now. Earlier there used to be a form filling process through which you could get verified but that method has been stopped.
The Facebook verification process is actually very simple all you need is a compelling reason and a great press. By getting a verification, you can undoubtedly notify people that your profile or page is real and people who are following you are actually following you and not any fake page or account.
How to get a blue tick on facebook?
Facebook uses the blue tick or the blue verification badge to verify profiles and pages. Unfortunately, all profiles or pages cannot be verified. You need a very good reason, and you must have a really good and trustable profile for gaining a verification. Facebook usually verifies people who fall under the categories of; Journalists, Popular Brand or Businesses, Government Officials, Celebrities, Media, Entertainment, Sports Companies. If you don’t fall under any of these categories, it is advisable to specify yourself as a public figure. You can do so by going to about and then mention that you are a public figure in “category“. You also don’t need hundreds of followers or friends to get verified.
Follow the following steps to learn how to get verified on facebook?
- Link your Facebook profile to your official website. Do the same on your website as well. The concept is that your official website and the facebook account should have a link that connects them to prove your creditability. You can use any website registered in your name.
- Make your profile public.
- Complete your bio but make sure not to write a very large one. You should give information about you in the about section. Add your number, website, awards if you are trying to get your page verified. You should have a complete information section to increase the chances of getting verified.
- For a profile, you need to mention accurate and proper information about you in the about section.
- Since there is no other way to get verified on facebook as of now, this method might work:
- Go to the quick help icon or the blue question mark on the upper right corner on your profile.
- Click on “report a problem”.
- Select something isn’t working option.
- In the “where is the problem” select the option “pages” and in the “what’s happened” section mention that you are not verified and also state a good reason as to why you should be verified.
- Upload a government issued id in the upload screenshots section.
- You will hear from facebook in a few days.
- Another way is to contact facebook and get verified. You will need a government issued id and a very good reason for getting verified by Facebook.
- There is no other way available for getting your page or profile verified because facebook disabled all the form links.