Facebook is one of the social networking sites on the internet that have taken the world by a storm. There is no doubt in the creditability of this site. It is no more a small platform; Facebook is now a vital part of everyone’s life. One can say that Facebook is good for communication with your friends and families. But it has become a larger platform for people to fake their identities. It might seem harmless at first, making an account with a name that isn’t yours? It seems like it is not a big deal right? But in the past few years, the crimes on social networking sites have been increasing drastically.
Many people use fake accounts to get useful information out of innocent Facebook users. So, it is essential for you to be careful while you are scrolling through your newsfeed and also when you decide to befriend someone on Facebook. You should carefully post content on your Facebook account and accept friend requests carefully.
If fake accounts keep flooding Facebook, it will soon lose its reliability, and it’s popularity as well. Hence, as a result, Facebook is now disabling fake accounts in large amounts.
Facebook disabled my account
If you want to know why did facebook disable your account, there could be one of the following reasons behind it:
- Use of a fake name
- Posting content that violated Facebook terms and conditions
- Use of stylish fonts in your account name
- Someone reported your account due to bullying or any other reason.
Facebook account disabled
There is a chance that you were the reason behind the disabling of your account, you might have used the option of deactivation. If you have deleted your account, you cannot get it back after fourteen days. You should log back in and cancel deletion within fourteen days. If facebook disabled your account, then you need to write or send an appeal in order to get your account back. The topic that this topic will focus on is facebook recover or how to recover disabled facebook account.
How to recover facebook account
Now if you have disabled or deactivated your account by yourself, you can reactivate it by just logging in again anytime. But deleted accounts can only be recovered within a 14 days time or in two weeks. If you cross this period you, will not be able to recover your facebook account. You should try creating a new account.
- Open facebook website; you can recover old facebook accounts that you deactivated through this process as well. You can follow the link: https://www.facebook.com/
- Enter your user id and password.
- Click on login and your account will open.
If after logging in, you get a notification saying that your account has been disabled and it is possible that Facebook disabled your account. You will need to apply for an appeal.
Recover disabled facebook account
- Go to the facebook help center, follow the link: https://www.facebook.com/help/
- Write my personal Facebook account is disabled in the search bar.
- Click on the first option in the list which says the same.
- A page will open mentioning reasons why did facebook disable your account and what you can do if this happens to your account.
- Under the: What can I do if my account has been disabled? Facebook help center states that if you think your account was disabled by mistake, please use this form to submit an appeal. When you click on this link, you will be directed to a page where you can fill a form to appeal for reactivation of your account.
- In the form, you have to mention the email address that you use to login to your Facebook account, or you can also mention your phone number.
- You have to mention your username as well. It is also important to note that your username can be different than your legal name.
- You also have to upload a government issued id for identification. You should also remember that many people try to upload fake government id’s and their accounts never get reactivated. Facebook is not a small platform be careful of what you upload. You have to upload pictures of the front and back side of your id.
- If you are of 18 – age you can upload pictures of your school id as well.
- You should add additional information that you think might help to recover disabled facebook account.
- You can also write something in the additional info option. You can add information mentioning whether your legal name is different than your Facebook name. If you suspect that your account was hacked by someone or you have some kind of evidence that someone other than you is responsible for abusive or offensive actions that might have taken place on your Facebook account. If you think someone is harassing you and this person is responsible for the disabling of your account.
- Now click on send. Usually, you will get a reply from facebook within a few days. Facebook will send you a reply on the mentioned email address.
You will also get a confirmation code if your facebook accepts your appeal, when you are trying to log back into your account, you must put the confirmation code when you are asked to do so. It is also essential to note that the confirmation code is important and you will not be able to access your account again without it.